A disaster recovery plan is a document that defines the policies and procedures for dealing with various types of disasters that can affect an organization. There are basically six steps to creating disaster recovery plan.
The simple six steps are as follows:
1. Define unacceptable/acceptable loss.
2. Back up everything what is possible .
3. Organize everything, the backed up data but not only.
4. Protect against disasters.
5. Document your plan that anyone can follow steps in case disaster.
6. Test everything at least once a month.
Some good reading: